Monday, September 8, 2008

You made it to the right place!

The purpose of this blog is to add community to our Bible study group. I want this blog to be a source of encouragement during the hard days, a place to get our questions answered and a way for us to know how we can pray for each other.

It makes me so happy to know that we are in this study together. In the words of our powerful God, it's gonna be good! Okay, maybe that was paraphrased just a little.

So please leave a comment and let me know that you were here. Let us know how we can be praying. I would love for us to be confident in knowing that we are praying for each other each week.

Also, if you have any questions about the study, leave it in the comment section and we can help each other answer it at our next weekly gathering.

Or, if you just want to talk about whatever, we can do that too.

It's going to be a great 10 weeks together as we study Genesis together!!!

Love,

4 comments:

Cedar Hill Siesta said...

Janelle,
I made it! I am not a techie person--but here I am. I guess the thing I would request for prayer is for God to bind Satan from throwing stumbling blocks in my way, preventing me from either making it on Tuesday nights or from setting aside the necessary time. I know there is nothing that the enemy hates worse than to have a group of God's faithful women digging around in His Word.
I'm really looking forward to our time together. I know that I have much to learn and to do it in the company of other Christian women is such a blessing! God bless you as you lead us through Genesis!
Cyndi

Julie and Alberto Robles said...

Hey everyone, I've made it through Days 1&2. It can be done! I am excited to talk about Creation's foundation as a study of the whole Bible and Genesis as a basis for the entire biblical world and life view. I have "created" a metaphor or allegory I thought I'd share here. Let me know what you think!

Take the world and its creation as a game of cards. God made the cards and the games we play with the cards. Sometimes when we go over to friends' homes, they are playing by different rules than we are. The little idiosyncracies of the game are different. This makes us frustrated sometimes (I would be SO winning if they were playing my rules! The REAL rules!!!). How frustrating for God to see us making up little differences in the rules because this rule doesn't make sense, and that rule makes the game more difficult. He made the games AND the cards! He made the world, and He knows exactly how it is supposed to function. The players feel like they know better, how the game will go more smoothly, making their own rules. Some people have even turned away from God altogether, playing with Uno cards! Or a Monopoly board!!! Which looks nothing like the original cards!

I hope you enjoyed this metaphor, brought to you by thoughts generated by our fabulous Genesis 2 study.

Julie and Alberto Robles said...

I just read about the Nephilim in Genesis 6:4 today. Looked them up in the world of Google. Creepy creepy CREEPY!

Murrell Family said...

So excited to discuss week 1 tonight! It was a challenge to get through everything this week, but a great overview.